Thursday, June 9, 2016

The fruits of Madagascar and Trinidad - Paulina Chamely BP6

Fruits are one of my favorite things and I always love try out new and exotic fruits that are found in different countries. In looking up Madagascar's fruit to my surprise, many of their exotic fruits. It should have clicked to me that both Trinidad and Madagascar are tropical Islands with similar whether patterns were both have a rainy and a dry season and so must have a lot of the same fruit there. It was also super interesting to see some of these familiar fruits being called different things -

Here are some examples:
         
Madagascar: Carambola              This is fresh Tamarind, one of        Mada: Makoba
Trinidad: Fivefinger                     my favorite things                           Trinidad: pomerac

Sugar Apple!!!                                                          and of course, fresh Coconut water.

                                              
This got me super excited because I am actually not getting the change to go home this summer. So, having the change to have and see these fruits that I grew up eating will definitely be a taste of home for me for my summer holidays!

No comments:

Post a Comment